Lock Re-keying is a service we offer that makes your locks work on new keys. We do this by taking your lock apart and replacing the small tumblers with new ones that match a new key pattern. It’s important to note that we aren’t replacing the locking hardware, we are simply re-configuring your current one.
This Service is Perfect For:
- Customers with lost or stolen keys
- Customers that need more than 1 key to get into their house
- Anyone that just moved into a new home
- Customers that want their newly purchased locks to work on their current key
- Customers that loaned out keys to people they no longer trust
There are many people who need 2 or more (we’ve seen as many as 7!) keys to get into their homes. Why carry more than 1 key? Why would you want to have to read tiny labels on your keys to know which one fits your front door or your garage? When we re-key your locks we can key them all to one key.
In order to re-key all of your locks to one key, your locks need to be able to accept the same key. Example: If 5 of your locks are Kwikset and 1 is a Schlage, you will need to replace the Schlage with a Kwikset.